Monday, September 23, 2013

Early-Shopping is Better Than On-Time

Christmas Carols. Christmas Decors. Christmas Party.

All these are up because "-BER" months has already started, and I can't help but think of the coming Christmas Season!!!

Here in the Philippines, gift-giving is one of the most precious tradition we have during Christmas. WISH LIST for us, and GIFT LIST for the people we love.

But every year, I asked these questions...

How much do I have to buy all these?

Do I have enough?

Which one will I choose - the P1000 item she'll surely loves or the P500 item she might want and can save me a half?


We all say "it's all worth it". It's Christmas. It's ok. It's only once a year.

But this year... I want CHANGE. I want to spend this season WISELY. I want to give gifts without even worrying if I have enough or not. I want to buy gifts without compromising the receiver's delight.

Thus, I started planning my gift list as early as June. Yeah. You read it right.

I already come up with the things I would surely buy this year. With such an early timeline, I have encountered series of Promo and Events that enabled me to buy things at discounted price. And as I ponder this plan, I realized the benefits of this....

Benefits of early shopping:
(1) No rush. 
  - Too many things to do but too little time. That's usually my complain. This year, I want to spend my time being with the people I love. Meeting old friends and classmates. Attending reunions and meet-up gatherings. Rather than being at the mall, buying gifts.
 
(2) No hassle.
 - Traffic gets worse during Christmas Season - especially in Binondo. Why not do the shopping earlier than expected and avoid the crowd?

(3) Promos and Discounts
- Yes, there are lots of Sale event during December but the prices are not as good as the other bargain events. Last year, a friend asked me, "why can't we have the gift-giving after Christmas Season?" He asked this question with a purpose of grabbing all the sale items after the Christmas Season. Good prices resume after Christmas - try to observe it. :)


(4) Smooth Cashflow
- Buying all gifts and spending money for parties are usually too much for us. We almost spend our whole 13th month pay, December salary and our bonus just for this event. Buying it in an "installment" basis, save us from pressure in paying our credit cards / debts. This year, I am aiming to complete at least 60% of my gift-buying list before December comes. #joinme
 

 (5) Spending most of the time thinking of GIVING
- stress in life is inevitable.. I think. We all experience it to the point we usually forgot to be thankful and appreciate those people around us. Why not practice "everyday Christmas"? As we shop early this year, we would be able to spend more time of appreciating them rather than focusing on our workloads.

With all these realizations... I started the plan...

 Here's a sample of what I just bought last M.I.B.F. - Manila International Book Fair.


 I bought each book at P100!
(Original price of the book ranges from P200 to P400)


 My friend also bought Bibles at 60% off!!! From P500, he bought it at P200 each. He should have spent P2500 for the 5 pcs of Bibles he bought, but instead he just paid P1000. That's savings.

 I do hope that as you read this article you'll be encourage to do the same. 

Live wisely.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are times in our life that we would like it "just right", but sometimes reaching beyond what's "just right" could even better. Having A+ is better than B+.

Till my next post!


No comments:

Post a Comment